Free Counter
Radisson Hotel Coupons

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Addiction gone wild... or just gone

Is it possible to be addicted to addiction?

I gave up habitual cocaine a couple of years ago, I gave up cigarettes Dec 1, 2006. I gave up sex with the free world nearly three years ago. I gave up acid in 1995, mescaline and heroin in 1993, pot in 1995, extascy in 2004. I have only alcohol, which many experts agree is the most destructive drug of all. I drink every night. What would happen if i quit? I might cease to exist as an entity. It'd be really weird. I'd have to survive on emotion and circumstance and oxygen and reality. (whatever that is blah, blah, blah)

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this people. Please comment below.

Have i lost it? the plot?

jb

1 Comments:

Blogger McDizzle said...

Well, I could be wrong, but I do seem to recall reading that there is such a thing as an addictive personality. I would imagine that you could look back on many instances of your life that might support such a statement. That's not to say that you're weak; I think all of us have our crutches or imperfections--they keep us interesting, if somewhat self-destructive. I've been wondering much the same thing. My only real vice is marijuana, which I've used fairly solidly (i.e. daily basis) for quite awhile. It's started to get to the point where I'm not sure if I feel normal when i'm high or abnormal when I'm not high. I'm not sure how it works--I think that marijuana, while not necessarily physically addictive can certainly become "mentally" addictive. I think that's what I'm in the midst of, a psycological dependence. I don't feel as creative as I used to and I don't really spend that much time away from my apartment if I'm not at work.

wow, that's kind of a downer...

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home